What We Offer
SoDo MakerSpace currently operates out of a 2,000 sq ft shop with the tools and equipment you need to start making. See below for our current offerings.
THE PROTO LAB
CNC Mill (Shapeoko 2)
This is a small CNC Mill that is easy for beginners and crafting, but robust enough for doing custom wood carving, Plastics, and even Printed Circuit Boards.
3-axis CNC full-size, 60″ x 48″ x 8″
- - Cut larger pieces and intricate designs
- - Create prototypes in a matter of minutes!
- Aspire Files(.crv3d)
- 3d Clipart Files(.3dClip)
- STL Files (.stl)
- Vector Art 3D Files (.v3m)
- Rhino 3DM Files (.3dm)
- 3D Studio (.3ds, .asc, .prj)
- DirectX (.x)
- DXF (.dxf)
- LightWave (.iwo)
- VRML (.wrl)
- Wavefront (.obj)
120W full spectrum laser, 48″ x 36″
- Engrave and cut into a wide variety of materials including wood, metal, leather, even fruit!
- Create intricate designs or signage for your business. The possibilities are endless!
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Adobe Illustrator format (AI)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
Need to host a robotics class, a hackathon, or even a birthday or holiday celebration? Our industrial but cozy, creative atmosphere paired with the ability to incorporate creativity and “making” to suit your occasion makes us a unique choice to host events. Contact us to learn more.
Our shared workspace allows for ease of collaboration and easy access to anything you might need to bring your ideas to life.
Video . Archives
Use our cameras to record the laser cutter or CNC making the beginnings of your masterpiece! Just call us over while you’re working, check your watch to give us a start and end time, and we’ll get you set up!
Adafruit Circuit Playground
This Arduino compatible microcontroller has everything you need to start learning or prototyping hardware.
- ATmega32u4 Processor, running at 3.3V and 8MHz
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging with Arduino IDE
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor)
- 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x Mini speaker (magnetic buzzer)
- 2 x Push buttons, left and right
- 1 x Slide switch
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
Includes I2C, UART, and 4 pins that can do analog inputs/PWM output
- All 8 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs
- Green “ON” LED so you know its powered
- Red “#13″ LED for basic blinking
- Reset button
- 75.14 x 53.51 x 15.08mm
- 2.96 x 2.1 x 0.59in
Specs (from http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUno):
Operating Voltage 5V
Input Voltage (recommended) 7-12V
Input Voltage (limits) 6-20V
Digital I/O Pins 14 (of which 6 provide PWM output)
Analog Input Pins 6
DC Current per I/O Pin 40 mA
DC Current for 3.3V Pin 50 mA
Flash Memory 32 KB (ATmega328) of which 0.5 KB used by bootloader
SRAM 2 KB (ATmega328)
EEPROM 1 KB (ATmega328)
Clock Speed 16 MHz
Basic Shop Tools